Lima South Quarry has invested in establishing an on-site NATA accredited laboratory staffed by qualified employees to sample and test products as they are produced in accordance with VicRoads, RMS and Australian Standards.
It is the policy of Lima South Quarry laboratories to achieve and maintain the highest standard of quality in all aspects of its work.
The purpose of the Lima South Quarry laboratories quality system is to ensure the:
- Requirements of ISO 17025 are met on a daily basis for all tests for which NATA accreditation is held.
- Needs of clients are fully understood and met.
- Test methods selected are up to date, fully validated as fit for purpose, to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our test results.
The objectives of the quality system are to:
- Ensure the continued development, implementation and maintenance of the quality system and to continually seek improvements in the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Report results accurately and unambiguously in a timely manner; to seek improvements in the service provided to clients; to continually review the determinations offered to clients and those on the NATA scope to continue to meet the needs of the industry.
- Meet customers’ requirements in terms of turn-around time, sample collection & reliability of service.
- Ensure tests are performed by suitably trained and qualified staff and to provide opportunities for staff to extend their knowledge and gain relevant qualifications.
- Ensure all staff are trained in the quality system to ensure they are familiar with the system and are confident in the implementation of its procedures.
- Ensure equipment used is fit for purpose, properly maintained and calibrated and where possible, measurements are traceable to recognised standards; to seek improvements in the equipment and methodology used.
- Ensure full traceability throughout the sample handling process and to ensure sample handling procedures and environmental conditions do not affect the result; to look for improvements in our procedures and facilities to improve organisation and workflow.
- Use internal audits and other checks to ensure the quality system continues to comply with requirements; to ensure problems are investigated promptly, the root cause established and effective action taken to prevent a recurrence.
- Seek to improve communication (internal and with clients) to ensure information is made available as rapidly as possible to those who need it.
- Monitor subcontractors and suppliers to ensure quality standards are not jeopardised.