The health, safety and welfare of all employees and visitors are of equal importance to all other operational considerations. The employer, supervisors and employees work together to ensure a safe workplace for all whilst complying with the AS/NZS 4801 Safety standard.
Lima South Quarry Pty Ltd is responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance with occupational health, safety and welfare legal requirements including the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulations, Codes of Practice AS/NZS Standards and industry best practice as a minimum level within all of its activities;
- Taking reasonable steps to provide a safe workplace and safe ways of working
- Committed to reducing workplace incidents and workplace illness;
- Providing ways for employees to be informed about and involved in health and safety issues at work;
- Ensuring employees are consulted as per the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Ensuring employees receive information, training and supervision as is necessary to enable the employees to perform their work in a manner that is safe and without risks to health;
- Ensuring this policy and all safe work procedures are kept up-to-date.
Employees are responsible for:
- Following reasonable instructions and using equipment provided by the employer to protect their health and safety while at work;
- Identifying and reporting any workplace incidents or hazards to their supervisor;
- Being involved in the resolution of occupational health and safety issues;
- Protecting their health and safety and that of others by not working while under the influence of alcohol or other drugs;
- Not interfering with, or removing any safety guards, safety devices or protective equipment provided by the employer.
We can expect contractors and visitors to:
- Abide by occupational health and safety legal responsibilities, and follow any reasonable instructions and advice while at the employer’s workplace.